Updated: Jan 21, 2021
Hey ladies! Today, I am sharing with you 7 cold-weather essentials that every woman should own. A lot of these are practical. You may even have majority of them in your closet, but maybe you could use some help styling them, so I’m going to give you some tips on how to do that. Or if you’re missing some of these key items, I’ll give helpful tips on what to look for when you’re picking them out at the store.
1. A Wool Coat
The hardest-working piece in your winter wardrobe. It’s the one piece that will be seen by you (and everyone around you) every day—even covering up all those cute sweaters that you’ve bought.
1) Choose a modern silhouette and stylistic details — nice buttons and clean lines
2) Pick a classic neutral—camel, black, navy or gray & one in a bold statement color or pattern
3) Pick a looser fit to ensure wearability over chunky layers
Don’t forget the one piece that’s guaranteed to keep you warm and cozy. Stock up on different colors, patterns, and sizes. And experiment with different ways to wear it— wrapped tightly around your neck, long and loose, or knotted at the chest.
1) Try a blanket scarf that is wide enough to be used as cardigan or versatile enough to be wrapped loosely around your neck.
2) Invest in a cashmere scarf in a neutral color. You’ll reach for it time and time again.
Ladies!! Stock up on multiple colors and patterns. This is such easy base piece under cardigans and jackets.
1) Pick one in a bright solid and let the cuffs peek out from under a neutral sweater
2) Layer under a sleeveless jumpsuit
3) You do not need to spend a lot of money on these. Walmart & Target are easy go-tos
4. Cozy Beanie
Super functional and always stylish, don’t underestimate the power of the beanie. Adds that “cool girl nonchalance" to any look.
1) Stock up on cotton and cashmere options in neutral and bold colors
2) Adjust the wide fold for a more slouchy look and to create that classic beanie shape
The fifth winter essential is also very practical but also very necessary. These can be worn with long sweaters or tees. Everyone loves a stretchy waist band in the cold winter months.
1) Grab yourself a high-rise, long, black pair. There’s a lot of options out there that fit this description so it’s going to be easy to find, but it’s a staple in a winter wardrobe.
2) I love to layer with sweaters, cardigans, and even sweater dresses. Here’s my tip with this though— always make sure that your little tush is covered. If you’re cheeks are exposed… then that shirt or sweater is too short.
Following the year we’ve had, if loungewear isn’t a staple in your wardrobe, it should be! Comfy enough to lounge around at home, but chic enough to layer up and head out around town. Even for a lunch date.
1) Layer with a camel coat and brown boots to dress up for the day
2) Opt for a neutral, solid color that can double as an intentional outfit
7. Warm Boots
Finally, every woman needs a pair of warm boots!! Look for insulated winter boots to keep you cozy all season long.
1) Look for a water-resistant upper and warm lining to protect your toes from the cold
2) Pair with cute graphic socks
3) Wear with everything this season—from dresses and skirts to wide-leg pants and jeans